Electromagnetic Radiofrequency Radiation (EMR)
When it comes to this modern-day all-pervasive threat to health & wellbeing, small measures can make a big difference. The purpose of this page is to simply raise awareness about this topic.
We are now exposed to electro-magnetic radiation and radiofrequency every day in ever-increasing amounts as time goes on. The use of wireless devices has increased exponentially, and mobile phone towers are going up everywhere in an effort to services our demand for wireless content.
Imagine a day without using a mobile phone, wireless DECT phone, WIFI, microwave ... add in baby monitors, carrying your mobile phone with you everywhere - even into the toilet for many people. It is with you always, often in a pocket resting against your body.
It takes 10-15 years to develop a cancerous tumour from this exposure. In mobile phone users who put their phones to the ear multiple times a day, brain tumour rates after 5-15 years are skyrocketing.
The most vulnerable to the harmful effects of this technology are our children, pregnant women, babies and elderly - but EVERYONE is at risk. Electro-sensitivity is on the rise, but it is a little recognised condition, as it mimics and increases the symptoms of common chronic health conditions like fibromyalgia, fatigue, immune problems, skin problems, gut problems, heart problems, neurological conditions, chronic pain syndromes, insomnia, mood changes, anxiety, depression and behavioural issues. People tend not to make the connection. Very few doctors would make the connection.
This ABC Catalyst episode was screened in 2013. Industry was not at all happy with investigative reporter Maryanne Dempsey - she was suspended after this documentary, possibly part of a hornets nest that was also kicked with expose on the damaging health effects of Statins.
The media is gagged when the truth is reported. The down side to living in a profit-based economy.
Resonance: Beings of Frequency
The first documentary film to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. Resonance takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen.
The Truth about wireless radiation
This lecture at Melbourne University by Dr Vera is a must see for everyone in my opinion. She is a professor of Medicine, who founded the non-profit Environmental Health Trust in 2007 in Wyoming USA, to provide basic research and education about environmental health hazards and promote constructive policies for device use locally, nationally and internationally.
The risk to Children of EMFs
This practical interview highlights the dangers to childre of electrofrequency and radiofrequency radiation, and she gives some useful tips for parents.
David Gilespie's new book Teen Brain is an essential read for parents also.
Shielding Tips for Everyone
especially pregnant women, babies & children
Everyday Shielding Tips
1. Keep your distance. Do not keep your mobile phone next to your body or in your bra. Some soirts wear companies are now making bras with mobile phone pockets. NEVER put your phone in a pocket unless it is on airplane mode or off. There is evidence offered by the Environmental Health Trust to suggest that women who keep a mobie phone increase their risk of bra may develop breast cancer. Research also indicates that men who keep their cell phones on their belt or near their reproductive organs may have lower sperm counts and less sperm motility.
2. Talk on speaker or use hands free (non-bluetooth) corded earphones. Holding a mobile phone to your ear exposes your brain, ear cochlia, salivary glands and mouth to EMFs. Research has shown a fourfold increase in cancer of the parotid gland from 1970 to 2006 while rates of other salivary gland cancers have stayed the same. The parotid gland is located closest to your cheek. In addition, if you have silver fillings or tooth implants, these act as antennas for the radiofrequency to penetrate into the gums. This may influence the health of gums and teeth.
3. Turn your phone off more often. No radiation is emitted when the device is off. Even on aeroplane mode there is emission, but it does not search for mobile reception at least, and reduces the emissions significantly.
4. Consider alternatives. When possible, use a landline, Skype or meet in person (then turn your phones off!) - there are ways to stay in touch without a mobile phone! Always turn the WIFI off when it is not in use, and ALWAYS turn it off at the power point at night while you are sleeping.
5. Use EMF shielding. A variety of products are available to block radiation, but you want to make sure they have been properly tested. If you buy such a product, look to see if it has an SAR (specific absorption rate) value. You want a shielding device that blocks the majority of EMFs. (SAR is a measure of the rate at which energy is absorbed by a body exposed to EMFs.) We sell EMF shielding blankets and belly bands.
6. Get rid of your cordless home phone (DECT) - these emit even more radiofrequency than a mobile phone - never put these phones to your head, and never have one in the bedroom. The old fashioned corded phones are the safest.
7. Baby monitors work the same way as a DECT phone. It is essential not to have these in the baby's room, the baby has thin bones so the fields penetrate more deeply. There are monitors that don't emit so much. Cover the baby with a radiation shielding blanket (such as these), and keep all electricals out of their room. Never breastfeed while using you mobile or DECT phone either. It overdoses both you and the baby and alters DNA function. If you must use your phone, keep it away from yours and your baby's head, and cover their head and body with the shielding blanket.
8. Fertility and Pregnancy - use a belly shield and shielding blanket if you are wanting to use your eggs in the next six months, and if you are pregnant - all phases of pregnancy are vulnerable to electro-radiation.
9. Change your lightbulbs from the curly type to LED - they are much safer.
10. When in the car, put all phones off or onto Aeroplane mode - phones hit max power looking for the next tower for signal, and this causes frequencies in the car to go through the roof. This is particularly dangerous for children and pregnant women.
11. Uncouple phones from the car bluetooth and turn it off through the settings on the car radio.
12. Don't stream television, movies or games - download them to the device, then put it on aeroplane mode.
13. Avoid using bluetooth technology - it is better to use earphones and devices, including the computer mouse, with a cord. Hhollow ear phones which can be purchased from EMF sensitivity stores prevent the current from running up the copper wires of normal ear phones into the ears.
14. Keep electrical out of the bedroom, especially phones, ipads, computers, laptops, digital alarm clocks. Use an analogue clock. Charge devices far away from the bedroom.
15. Know where the smartmeter is and don't sleep or spend time in this room if it is mounted on the wall. Two meters away at least is important. Most important not to have babies, children or pregnant women in this immediate space.
16. Keep the WIFI turned off completely when not in active use, and ALWAYS turn it off at night. Everyone will sleep better, and this quite time will allow the body breathing space to heal itself. When you are out in the day, turn it off for the safety of pets.
17. Build resilience and protection with a Health Boost program and antioxidan plan.
Naturopathy and Bioresoance therapy can help build resilience to these fields but it is still important to reduce exoposure. We KNOW that radiofrequency radiation disrupts DNA and is a class 2 carcinogen, so we need to stop pretending that it is safe to bathe in these frequencies without consequence.
Mobile Phone Research Summary
Studies establish that short-term exposure to radio frequency radiation affects brain activity. The long-term effects of these exposures have yet to be studied but there is already considerable evidence linking these exposures to a myriad of adverse biological effects including:
Increased glucose in the brain
Immune system dysfunction
Effects on unborn children
Increased risk of acoustic neuroma
Increased risk of brain tumour
Increased risk of breast cancer if phone is kept in the bra
The link between these exposures and a long list of diseases is deeply concerning - such as:
More research is needed on the effects of LTE and other forms of cell phone radiation but the evidence is already compelling. Many scientific and medical experts are sounding the alarm.
Smart Meters emit non-ionizing radiation to send pulse signals back to the electricity company outlining in detail your use of power in your home. They pulse multiple times in 20 minutes, every day, and every night. There is no need for this - one pulse once a month would suffice for the purposes of preparing your bill, but this is not how they are used.
Daniel Hirsch, a lecturer and expert in nuclear policy at University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC), has written a report that reveals smart meters emit 160 times more cumulative whole body exposure than cell phones. He states that:
“the cumulative whole body exposure from a Smart Meter at 3 feet appears to be approximately two orders of magnitude higher than that of a cell phone, rather than two orders of magnitude lower.”
The big difference between smart meter radiation and cell phone radiation is that having a cell phone or not is a matter of personal choice, if you don’t want a cell phone you don’t buy one. Smart meters, on the other hand, are being forced on populations around the globe.